background image

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Should've done that earlier

So I finally did what I said that I would do a few posts ago. I tried to import the model into RCT3. Unfortunately, I ran into a snag. It looks like the RCT3 Importer doesn't like how detailed my model is. It doesn't give me any error messages, it just appears to begin loading the .modxml, deliberates for a good while, then hits me with a classic "ping!" with no accompanying message. I am guessing that it is just too big. So I'm thinking I'll just have to go with the base mesh that I modeled, instead of the subdivided one. Like I said, I think RCT3 would be able to handle the subdivided mesh, but I didn't think about the fact that it might not be able to get through the importer. That's OK, though, because I was starting to get a little overwhelmed with the weight painting of the hi-poly model. Hopefully I'll have an easier time with the lower poly version.

2 comments:

CZsWorld said...

Thats quite alright, I really liked the original WOL.

HardCore said...

LOL! I do too, and I'm not gonna change him. I'm talking about a new, secret, model that I made from scratch. The warrior of light isn't getting changed at all.

Web Counter
Golden Gate Bonsai