background image

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Painting, and a commitment

I hit the weight painting really hard today. Only about halfway done, but I'm doing it completely manually instead of creating the vertex groups from the bone heat of the armature. It's a fun challenge at the current resolution, but any more vertices and I'd be very frustrated. I'm glad I never spent this much time trying to weight paint the subdivided mesh.

I generally try not to make any promises when it comes to my filming schedule. However, I believe that most things in life are a balance. And I don't think that making promises about my filming schedule is an exemption to this rule of thumb. So, although I will not be stating anything having to do with specific dates, I think it would be good for me to announce that I will not be taking any breaks in work for the foreseeable future. I will not spend a day getting distracted by Minecraft. I will not spend a day benchmarking Crysis. I will not spend a day owning people in Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer. I will not spend weeks taking a break from production to do "mental production." My work is engaging, has clear direction, and there is NO JUSTIFIABLE REASON (that's in caps to help me remember, btw) for me to not be working every chance I get. This is not me stressing myself. This has nothing to do with when I finish The Battle for Axis Mundi. But it's the season for work. And my work is pretty darn fun, so there's no reason I shouldn't be working.

No comments:

Web Counter
Golden Gate Bonsai