background image

Friday, August 19, 2011

A Lesson from the Ant

You lazy fool, look at an ant.
Watch it closely; let it teach you a thing or two.
Nobody has to tell it what to do.
All summer it stores up food;
at harvest it stockpiles provisions.
So how long are you going to laze around doing nothing?
How long before you get out of bed?
A nap here, an nap there, a day off here, a day of there,
sit back, take it easy - do you know what comes next?
Just this: You can look forward to a dirt-poor life,
poverty your permanent house guest!

Proverbs 6: 6-11

I just read this last night after I published my last post. Incredible how relevant it is. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised at this particular book having something relevant to my life... it's always relevant. But I thought it was striking how directly relevant it was to what I had just written, and that's why I am putting it here.

No comments:

Web Counter
Golden Gate Bonsai