background image

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Motivate THIS!

So it has been a few days since I should have posted. This is the post that I meant to write a few days ago. As such, it is slightly out of date. Meaning I haven't worked in the past few days since I forgot to write this on the 5th.

I worked on The Battle for Axis Mundi some; it was editing. I always feel like there is room for improvement with this film, especially with the editing. I want to avoid any shot feeling out of place. I want each shot to flow into the next, and for no shot to have unnecessary, gratuitous screen-time that says "Hey, I'm just too lazy to think of something else to put here that makes sense, so I'm gonna keep showing you this shot." When that happens, a shot that could have been awesome turns into suck. And I want to avoid that and other editing/storytelling mistakes. So I filmed some extra footage that wasn't too hard to do, but I hoped would make some stuff make more sense and flow better. Who knows if I succeeded? I sure don't, (to be fair I haven't finished editing it in, rendering it, and reviewing it) but I can only hope that if I tweak it enough, maybe... just maybe... I can create something that I can be proud of.

Using that thought as inspiration, I came up with this:


That's pretty much what I look like whenever I am working, and most definitely when I am editing. So yeah... that's actually one of the most relevant pictures I have ever posted. Cause' whenever I have an update, that is basically what I've been doing.

Web Counter
Golden Gate Bonsai