background image

Monday, August 17, 2009

A warning about a false website

The other day it came to my attention that a website was using my machinima tutorial as bait for unsuspecting passerby in order to infect their computer with malware/spyware. The website in question (the fourth link from the top) claims to have a "download" of the 1st part of my tutorial:


Do not go to this website. The reason that I know about this bad website is because I went to it myself out of curiosity. Fortunately I use sandboxing to protect my computer, instead of some crack-pot anti-virus crapware. Thus, I simply deleted my sandbox and that was that; absolutely no infection. I urge you to stay away from this site. You only had to visit the page for the malware to start attacking you-I don't even know what would happen if you tried to "download" whatever it was that they were claiming was my machinima tutorial.


3 comments:

L0rdG1gabyt3 said...

Thanks for the heads up! Perhaps you should post this at the forums as well so anyone who visits there will know as well.

HardCore said...

Sure, I can do that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Web Counter
Golden Gate Bonsai