background image

Thursday, September 3, 2009

You know, my thoughts as usual

Every now and then I have to remind myself why I am doing all of this. If I don't keep remembering that I am doing it for myself, not just for a contest, or the gratification of my Internet audience in general, then I can end up going kinda crazy. You see, if all that mattered was making it in time for a contest deadline, or satisfying every single person who watched my videos, then a heck of a lot of the stuff I have made would be worthless. Not every video pleases everyone and not every video makes it on time for whatever deadline I've made up in my head. In the long run, people aren't going to care if the video is a few weeks or months late.

The point is: my hobby is making videos, not making deadlines.

I could do other things besides videos if all that I cared about were the deadlines. The main value of what I'm doing is in the work itself, not in if the work is delivered in a timely fashion. So, just figured I needed to say something like that, because I was starting to feel bad about the pace of my work.

This post brings up a rather amusing fact. This blog is starting to become something of a journal for me. It's not just WIP updates all the time, I also post my thoughts and rants (like now, hehehe). I don't know about you, but I think it's neat in a certain kind of way. It seems to make the blog more personal.

Anyway, rant over.

3 comments:

L0rdG1gabyt3 said...

I 2nd this blog entry! Now that IMPACT! is nearing its 1 year mark, I think I may finish it... HOPEFULLY before the end of September.

Anonymous said...

I will not concur on it. I over polite post. Especially the title-deed attracted me to read the whole story.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Web Counter
Golden Gate Bonsai