background image

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blender

I have just recently downloaded the open source 3D animation software called "Blender." It has some amazing capabilities-it is almost as powerful as the CG software that Hollywood movies use. Over the past 3 days, I have been rendering what might be considered a "right of passage" for learning Blender: a fluid simulation. I call this a "right of passage," because blender fluid simulations are a dime a dozen on youtube. So it's not anything that stellar..... unless you haven't seen any blender fluid simulations. In which case, you can praise me for my incredibly awesome animation skills until you see a whole bunch of videos like mine and realize that they are not anything special.

Anyway, here's the video:




Although at first glance this latest video may seem to be more procrastination, it is in fact a very good thing for you, the viewer (unlike procrastination). You see, the fact that I am learning Blender is a very good thing for you. Using Blender, I can make original models and animations, and put them into BOTH Crysis and RCT3!!!!!!

So, we'll just see how Mechanics Vs. Aliens episode 6 turns out using terrain animation as well as animated CS.

No comments:

Web Counter
Golden Gate Bonsai