background image

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Done with the model

I have finished the replica of the RCT3 Peep who plays the Warrior of Light. Here's a comparison:
The guy on the right was rendered in RCT3, and the guy on the left was rendered in Blender.

Now I just need to texture it, and get it rigged up so that I can animate it. I hope that RCT3 handles the mesh deformation properly. So far I have not deformed any meshes in my tests with animated CSOs. I'm also not sure about UV mapping. In order to get the textures on him properly, I may need to use UV mapping, but I'm not certain if RCT3 supports that or not.... I think it does. And it also probably does support mesh deformation. I just don't know if it supports weight painting, and I don't know whether I will need to weight paint or not.

Anyway, sorry for all the 3D jargon. I'm kind of thinking out loud right now.

In other news, the SCAD Film festival stops accepting entries in 9 days. After that, it will be a week until the winners are notified. So keep crossing your fingers!

3 comments:

CZsWorld said...

Why don't you just greenscreen him in, then importing mesh isn't a problem.

HardCore said...

I want as much rendered natively in RCT3 as possible. It just seems more authentic that way. Since my set is in RCT3, and my camera movements are in RCT3, it would make it less authentic to render him in blender and then greenscreen him in. But you're right, that is an option if importing doesn't go well.

Mediatorus said...

I think if you greenscreen him, the movements might be out of touch or the camera angles wrong or the lights stuffed etc etc etc it'd just looked shop'd. ._.

Web Counter
Golden Gate Bonsai